Terms & conditions for booking a retreat at Santosha Society
(a) Your payments are refundable until 60 days before the retreat start date. Returned payments are subject to a $250 handling charge. Cancellation will incur cancellation charges as set out in paragraph 6 below.
(b) Your booking is not considered definite and no contract will exist between you and Santosha Society until we receive full payment from you.
(c) We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
(a) The price is the exact amount to be received by us, irrespective of fluctuations in currency and irrespective of any third party transfer charges. If you choose to pay by electronic transfer, please instruct your bank to charge all costs to you in order to avoid a shortfall in the amount that we receive.
(b) Payment by bank to bank transfer: we will email you our banking details on request or Paypal: we will email you our paypal details on request.
(a) SHARING A ROOM WITH A STRANGER: If a place in a 2-bed room is already taken and you are a solo traveller who is happy to share a double room with another solo traveller, please enquire.
(b) SINGLE SUPPLEMENT: If you desire single occupancy of a room with two or more beds please write Single Occupancy! in the booking form box marked ‘Additional Info’.
4. Your Travel Arrangements:
All travel arrangements are your responsibility and at you own cost. We shall not be held liable for any consequences arising from delays or cancellations in any of the companies you may have made arrangements with, or for any irregularities in your documentation required for travel. Direct transfers to/from the retreat are included in the price. We have reliable taxi drivers to bring you directly to the retreat location 3-4 hours away depending on traffic. If you arrive earlier than the first day of the retreat you will be responsible for your accommodation and transfers to hotel.
5.0 Travel Insurance
(a) We recommend you have travel insurance as things do happen. Your travel insurance should cover the activity of this retreat as well as unexpected cancellation, sickness, losses and all the usual risks.
5.1 Your Health
(a) You should also consult a doctor with an understanding of yoga to check that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake yoga classes and other physical activities that we arrange at your request (e.g. swimming, hiking, surfing, etc.).
(b) Please be sure to advise us of any health conditions before you book. If you experience any injury or discomfort during any activity during the retreat, then you must stop immediately and consult a member of the Santosha Society team. We reserve the right to decline your application to stay at Santosha Society. If you do not advise us of your health conditions we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
(c) Whilst all measures are taken to ensure a high standard of health and safety, we are situated oceanfront where hazards do exist and we shall not be responsible for any injuries obtained.
(d) Women who are 12 to 28 weeks pregnant should provide a letter from their health practitioner specifying that they are fit to travel and able to engage in the activities that we provide. We do not accept women at any stage of pregnancy on Detox retreats. We would prefer pregnant women to have done a little yoga before they arrive.
6. Cancellation by you: You (or any member of your party) may cancel your booking at any time, providing that the cancellation is made by the person submitting the booking form and is notified to us in writing. Cancellation will take effect the day such notification is received by us. As this incurs administrative costs, returned payments are subject to a $200 handling charge and in addition, if such cancellation is made within less than 30 days before the start of the retreat, we will retain 50% of the cost of the retreat. However, if another person can be found to take your place, then we may offer you a 75% refund at our discretion. Refunds and returned payments are normally settled within 10 working days of the date of cancellation. Otherwise, once a booking has been accepted no payment is refundable unless the course is cancelled. Once the retreat has begun, no refund or part refund or unused portion of the retreat will be repaid in the event of cancellation by you. Bookings are for the stated period of the retreat. There are no refunds for an unused portion of the retreat. If the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of your Insurance Policy, you may be able to make a claim.
7. Amendments by Santosha Society: Occasionally, changes may have to be made (e.g., yoga teacher, class times or other arrangements), which we reserve the right to do at any time.
8. Cancellation by Santosha Society: We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel a retreat, in which case we will offer a full refund of all money paid within 20 working days. In particular our retreats require a minimum number of at least 50% of the participants to have booked by 30 days before the start date. If this minimum number is not reached by that date we may cancel and refund the money to you.
9. Our liability to you:
(a) We accept responsibility for ensuring that the retreats are supplied as described and that the services we are contractually obliged to provide are to a reasonable standard.
(b) We do not accept any liability for cancellations, delays or changes caused by war, threat of war, terrorist actions or threats, closure of airports, civil strife, industrial action, natural disaster, technical problems to transport, staff cancellations, unforeseen changes in your personal circumstances or other events beyond our control.
(c) We are not liable for any injuries you may incur. Yoga classes are undertaken at your own risk. We are not liable for any medical or psychiatric conditions which may develop during or subsequent to the retreat. We are not liable for loss of, or damage to, your personal property.
10. Group Bookings: Where a booking is made on behalf of several individuals the booking is conditional on the person signing the booking form having authorization from all the individuals named on the booking form to enter into this contract. A deposit from every group member is required. If any member of the group can not come for any reason, their deposit is forfeit.
11. Complaints: If you have a problem during your retreat, please inform Santosha Society immediately and he/she will endeavour to put things right. Please note that we cannot guarantee the proportion of male/female guests in any group, and we cannot be responsible for the individual behaviour of any group member or other guest.
12. Legal Disclaimer: The information contained in this Site is for general guidance on matters of interest only. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, and the inherent hazards of electronic communication, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in this Site. Accordingly, the information on this Site is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professionals or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult someone at Santosha Society. While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this Site has been obtained from reliable sources, Santosha Society is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information in this Site is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will Santosha Society, its related partnerships or corporations, or the partners, agents or employees thereof be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this Site or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Certain links in this Site connect to other Web Sites maintained by third parties over whom Santosha Society has no control. Santosha Society makes no representations as to the accuracy or any other aspect of information contained in other Web Sites.
15. Complaints: Santosha Society is confident that you will not find cause for concern during your retreat. If you feel that a complaint is warranted you must raise the issue directly with Santosha Society. Any retrospective complaint must be made in writing to Santosha Society within 14 days of the end of your retreat.